• Ain't It Fun was released as the fourth single from the Paramore's
self-titled 2013 album.
From the Album
• The song was written by Williams as a sarcastic jab to herself over her unwillingness to grow up after moving to
Los Angeles to record the Paramore album. She found herself away from her loved ones feeling
completely out of her depth. "I was on my own for the first time ever and it weirded me out,"
she told Radio.com. "I felt like I was going kicking and screaming on my own. But it's funny,
because I needed that. I needed a change of perspective to know I could do a lot of things on my own."
• Williams wrote the song after realizing there was no good reason to complain. "Here I am,
sitting here whining about my life that's not really all that bad," she explained. "My life
is actually awesome and just because I'm a little uncomfortable, like why am I making such
a big deal out of this and not making more of this opportunity?"
The song won the 2015 Grammy award for
Best Rock Song
February 4, 2014
2012 in Los Angeles, California
Pop rock, funk rock, new wave, alternative rock
4:56 (album version)
3:36 (radio edit)
"Ain't It Fun" on YouTube
The video follows the band members trying to beat various world records.
The group managed to set 10 world records in the music video, which is a world record itself.
Paramore Tour Dates:
The records include:
• Most Vinyl Records Broken in One Minute
• Fastest Time to Smash 30 Clocks with Guitars
• Most Feathers Caught in 30 Seconds
• Fastest Time to Run Backwards Holding Stuffed Animals While Blindfolded for 30 Feet
• Longest Time Spinning Record on Finger
• Longest scream while riding in a convertible.
The director of the music video for "Ain't It Fun" was in the beginning Jonathan Desbiens;
however, as informed by Hayley Williams, the group was not happy
with where the video was headed and ultimately made the decision to pull it.
It was eventually re-shot and directed by Sophia Peer and was
released on January 29, 2014.