In Cana's Town Of Galilee Lyrics
1. In Cana's town of Galilee
A marriage feast is set;
The Lord's disciples gather there,
And Jesus and His Mother fair,
To grace that feast are met.
2. Then when they wanted wine, saith she, --
The Mother to the Son --
"They have no wine," for well she knows
The bounty that His word bestows
Who "spake, and it was done."
3. She knoweth too, that fair Ladye,
How in all time of need
The crown of her maternal bliss,
The glory of her heaven is this,
With Christ to intercede.
4. 'What have I yet to do with thee?"
Her Son doth make reply;
"Though thou in prayer with Me shouldst strive,
Until My time and hour arrive
No miracle work I."
5. Then to the servants spake Marie
In words of wisdom true,
Still thrilling us with joy today,
"Whate'er to you my Son shall say,
That thing observe and do:"
6. Six waterpots at hand there be,
And these He bids them fill:
They pour the water to the brim,
At Mary's word obeying Him, --
Then draw it at his Will."
7. And now the miracle they see
Of water turned to wine,
And none but they, the servants, knew
From whence that wondrous wine they drew
In mystery divine.
8. Lord, in this glad Epiphany
Vouchsafe to be our Guest;
We have no wine; but at Thy Will
Our waterpots brimful we fill
And Thou wilt do the rest!
Back to: Christmas Carols