Look Up To Heaven Lyrics
1. Look up (look up) to Heav'n (to Heav'n), lo! stars (lo, stars) are there;
The holy patriarch gazed on high
And choirs of light, serene and fair
All sang for him a prophecy,
2. "That God would all men bless by One,
Who should be born of Abraham's race;"
And Abraham saw from far His Son,
Full of immortal Truth and Grace.
3. Then clouds rolled on and hid the light,
And there was darkness overhead.
"Is there no Star to cheer the night?" --
"I see it not," -- the Prophet said,
4. "But there will rise o'er Judah's land
A light I shall behold from far!"
While still in solitude shall stand
Balaam, although he sees the Star!
5. Who are the wise? the pure of heart?
For them the Star of God appears;
For them the clouds asunder part,
And mists dissolve, and darkness clears.
6. They hail the Light on Bethlehem's crest,
They watch the Glory slanting down;
It settles o'er the Virgin's breast,
Shining the Heaven-born Jesus' crown.
7. O "God with us!" -- and all joy restored;
No "Tidings good" for man but this!
Henceforth we know no absent Lord,
His presence is perpetual bliss.
8. The Lord our Everlasting Light,
And all our days of mourning done!
Now pass away, ye clouds and night! --
Praise we the Father, Spirit, Son!