Through The Wire Lyrics by Kanye West
Kanye West Lyrics
Through The Wire Lyrics
Yo G they can't stop me from rapping can they?
Can that huh?
I spit it through the wire man
To much stuff on my heart right now man
I'll probably risk it all right now
It's a life or death situation man
Y'all don't really understand how I feel right now man
It's your boy Kanye to the....
Chi-Town what's going on man
I drink a boost for breakfast, and ensure for dizzert
Somebody ordered pancakes I just sip the sizzurp
That right there could drive a sane man bizzerk
Not to worry the Mr. H to the izzles back wizzerk
How do you console my mom or give her light support
telling her sons on life support
And just imagine how my girl feel
On the plane scared as hell that her guy look like Emitt Till
She was with me before the deal she been trying to be mine
She a delta so she been throwing that Dynasty sign
no use we tryin be lyin
I been trying to resign
Trying to be a millionaire
How I use two lifelines
In the same hospital where Biggie smalls died
The doctor said I had blood clots
But I ain't Jamaican man
Story on MTV and I ain't trying to make a band
I swear this right here is history in the making man
I really apologize for this one right now,
If it's unclear at all, man
They got my mouth wired shut for like I don't know the doctor said for like six weeks
You know we had reconstru....
I had reconstructive surgery on my jaw
I Looked in the mirror half my jaw was in the back of my mouth man
I couldn't believe it
But im still here for yall right now man,
This is what I gotta say right here yo
Yeah, turn me up yeah uh.
What if somebody from the shadow was ill got a deal on the hottest rap label around
But he wasn't talking bout coke and birds it was more like spoken words
Except hes really putting it down
And he explained the story about how blacks came from glory
And what we need to do in the game
Good dude, Bad night, Right place, Wrong time
In the blink of an eye his whole life changed
If you could feel how my face felt you would know how Mase felt
Thank God I ain't too cool for the safe belt
I swear to God drive a two on the sue
I got lawyer for the case to keep whats in my safe; safe
My dawgs couldn't tell if I
I look Tom Cruise on Vanilla Sky, it was televised
It's been an accident like GEICO
They thought I was burnt up like Pepsi did Michael
I must gotta angel
Cause look how death missed his ass
Unbreakable, would you thought they called me Mr. Glass
Look back on my life like the ghost of Christmas past
Toys R Us where I used to spend that Christmas cash
And I still wont grow up, I'm a grown ass kid
Swear I should be locked up for stupid shit that I did
But I'm a champion, so I turned tragedy to triumph
Make music that's fire, spit my soul through the wire
Know what im saying
When the doctor told me I had a um.. I was goin to have a plate on my chin
I said dawg don't you think didn't you realize I'll never make it on the plane now
Its bad enough I got all this jewelry on
Can't be serious man
• The song is about a Kanye West near-fatal car accident on October 23, 2002. The song title refers to the face his jaws were wired shut after facial reconstructive surgery.
• The single was released on September 30th, 2003 and peaked at #15 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It also peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot Rap Tracks chart and #8 on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop track chart.
• Kanye West, David Foster, Tom Keane, & Cynthia Weil share writing credits on the song. Kanye West also produced the track.
• The song was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rap Solo Performance, but lost to Jay-Z and '99 Problems'
• The music video was self-financed by Kanye West, directed by Coodie and Chike, and inspired by an Adidas advertisement in BlackBook magazine.