Jack White, often credited as Jack White III, is an American musician, singer-songwriter, record producer,
multi-instrumentalist and occasional actor.
He is best known as the vocalist, guitarist and pianist of the
The White Stripes
which disbanded February 2011.
John Anthony Gillis
July 9, 1975 (age
Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
Mother: Teresa (née Bandyk)
Father: Gorman M. Gillis
six older brothers
three older sisters
(He is the youngest of ten children)
Karen Elson (m. 2005-2011)
(British model and twin sister of Kate Elson)
Megan Martha White (m. 1996-2000)
(and founding White Stripes member)
Scarlett Teresa White
Henry Lee White
Rock, alternative rock, garage rock, blues rock, folk rock, punk blues
Musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, producer, actor
Vocals, guitar, keyboards, drums, marimba, mandolin, xylophone, clavioline, bass guitar
He took Meg White's last name after they were married and kept it even after the divorce.
Meg White, The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather, Stephen Colbert, The Upholsterers, The Go, Loretta Lynn, Beck, Holly Golightly, Soledad Brothers, Alicia Keys, Wanda Jackson, The Black Belles, The Rolling Stones, Black Milk, Lanie Lane, Pokey LaFarge and the South City Three, Karen Elson, Norah Jones, Bob Dylan, Danger Mouse, Daniele Luppi, The Last Shadow Puppets
1965 JB Hutto Montgomery Airline
1970s-era Crestwood Astral II
1950s-era Kay Hollowbody
Custom Gretsch Triple Jet
Custom Gretsch Jupiter Thunderbird
Custom Gretsch Anniversary Jr."Triple Green Machine"
Did you know
• He began playing the drums at the age of six.
Grinnin' In Your Face
is his favorite song of all time
• At one point in his life he was going to become a priest
• He had a brief but highly publicized romantic relationship with actress Renée Zellweger,
whom he met during the filming of "Cold Mountain".
• He was charged with misdemeanor aggravated assault after an altercation with Jason Stollsteimer, lead singer of
the Von Bondies, at the Magic Stick, a Detroit club on December 13, 2003.
• He has an obsession with the number three. He briefly changed his name to Three Quid
during his 2005 tour
• He saved the Detroit Masonic Temple from being foreclosed in 2013. To thank him for the donation,
the temple has decided to rename its largest theater the Jack White Theater.