Elton John Info:
Sir Elton Hercules John CBE is an English singer-songwriter, composer, pianist,
record producer, and occasional actor.
He has worked with lyricist Bernie Taupin as his songwriter partner since 1967;
they have collaborated on more than 30 albums to date.
He has been heavily involved in the fight against AIDS since the late 1980s.
In 1992, he established the Elton John AIDS Foundation and a year later began hosting
the annual Academy Award Party, which has since become one of the highest-profile Oscar parties in the Hollywood
film industry. Since its inception, the foundation has raised over $200 million.
In his five-decade career John has sold more than 300 million records, making him one of
the best-selling music artists in the world. He has more than fifty Top 40 hits,
including seven consecutive No. 1 US albums.
Reginald Kenneth Dwight
March 25th, 1947 ( age
Pinner, Middlesex, England
5' 7" (1.70 m)
Rock, pop rock, glam rock, soft rock, R&B
David Furnish (m. 2005)
Renate Blauel (m. 1984–1988)
Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John
Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John
Royal Academy of Music
10 Children, including Brooklyn Beckham & Romeo Beckham (David and Victoria Beckham)
Elizabeth Hurley's son Damian Charles
Sharon (given to him by Rod Stewart)
Musician, singer-songwriter, record producer, composer, pianist, actor
Vocals, piano, keyboards, organ, guitar
Bernie Taupin, Tim Rice, John Lennon, Yoko Ono, Kiki Dee, Billy Joel, George Michael, Eminem, Gladys Knight, Stevie Wonder, Anastacia, Dionne Warwick,
Neil Sedaka, Gary Barlow
Merged the names of saxophonist Elton Dean and Long John Baldry
Elton John Trivia:
• Started to play the piano at four.
• At the age of 11 he won a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Music.
• His first band was called Bluesology.
• Elton John announced he was a bisexual in 1976
• In the 1970s and 1980s he suffered from drug and alcohol addiction and bulimia.
• He is well known as a campaigner for AIDS research
• He was knighted in 1997.
• The first Western rock star to perform in Israel and the USSR, in 1979.
• Knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for contribution to music and fund-raising for AIDS charities.
• Changed his name legally to Elton Hercules John.
• He was twice a former Chairman of Watford Football Club.
• Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994.
• Reformed drug addict, alcoholic and bulimic.
• His song "Philadelphia Freedom" was a tribute to tennis star Billie Jean King.
• Is the Godfather of John Lennon's son, Sean Lennon.
• Likes Indian food.
• Enjoys tennis.
• Has epilepsy.
Elton John Quotes:
An agent is a person who is sore because an actor gets 90% of what they make.
I think people should be free to engage in any sexual practices they choose; they should draw the line at goats though.
I cannot bear successful people who are miserable.
I'm the Connie Francis of rock 'n' roll.
It's the circle of life, and it moves us all, through despair and hope, through faith and love, 'till we find our place, on the path unwinding.
People in England are so bloody nosy.
Elton John Awards:
1994 Best Song Lion King (1994)
1994 Best Original Song Lion King (1994)
1988 inducted into the National Songwriters Hall of Fame.
1994 inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.