Storm And Terror, Grief And Error Lyrics
1. Storm and terror, grief and error,
Comes the Sun to chase away:
And the morning, fast adorning
All the sky, proclaims the day.
2. O true Splendour, bright and tender,
Sun of Righteousness on high,
Port thou showest, source thou owest
To the Virgin's purity.
3. Now thou keepest rest and sleepest
In that zodiac of delight:
Joy hereafter shall with laughter
Hail the coming Monarch's sight.
4. Satan, gnashing, sees it flashing
Through that cloud so pure and white:
Thou endurest ever purest,
Virgin-Mother of the Light.
5. Darkness scatter'd, hell-gates shatter'd,
Victory to the souls draws nigh,
Whom confession of transgression
Justly had condemn'd to die.
6. Earth rejoices, heav'nly voices
Render praise to God above,
Now renewing and bedewing
Every soul with fuller love.
Back to: Christmas Carols