Rejoice, The Glorious Day Is Come Lyrics
1. Rejoice, the glorious day is come
The great Redeemer's born,
O let us then rejoice and sing
The glories of the morn.
2. Behold, glad tidings angels bring
To shepherds in the morn!
The tidings we again repeat,
Our Saviour Christ is born.
3. Anxious to hail the glorious morn,
The rural swains abound:
They tune their softest reeds to play,
To join the heavenly sound.
4. He comes! let every heart rejoice:
Behold the sacred morn.
Be cheerful, and lift up your voice,
For now a Saviour's born.
5. Since Heaven is now come down to earth,
Hither the Angels fly:
Hark how the heavenly choir doth sing,
'To God be praise on high."
Back to: Christmas Carols