O The Morn, The Merry Merry Morn Lyrics
1. O the morn, the merry merry morn,
The morn of Christmas Day,
When God, the Son of God was born
Of Mary maiden ay!
2. Sweet the song, the happy happy song,
Precented at His birth,
And caught up by the heav'nly throng,
'Good-will, and Peace on earth!'
3. To the town, the tiny tiny town,
The town of Bethlem, ran
Some simple shepherds, o'er the down,
To view Him God and Man.
4. There within a cattle cattle shed
They find and worship Him,
Who rideth, in His realm o'erhead,
Upon the Cherubim.
5. So, my bons, my bonny bonny boys,
To Bethlem off be we!
But, pray you, shun whate'er annoys
The Babe on Mary's knee.
Back to: Christmas Carols