Oh Christmas Is Merry Lyrics
1. Oh Christmas is merry, A day of delight;
With leaf and red berry, The holly is bright;
The sweet bells are ringing, the Churches are gay;
And all men are singing The Holy Birthday.
2. He came as a Stranger, When Winter was wild;
He was born in a manger Of Mary so mild.
Saint Joseph is keeping A watch by His Head,
Where Jesus is sleeping On straw for His bed.
3. There sounds the glad story, The news of His Birth,
The song of God's glory, Of Peace upon earth.
There came to adore Him The Shepherds and Kings;
They lay down before Him Their fair offerings.
4. At midnight and morning And day-time come we,1
All slothfulness scorning, Our Saviour to see.
Our anthems are sounding, His praises to sing;
His Alter surrounding, We worship the King.
5. The midnight is lightened, the morning is clear,
The day-time is brightened, When He draweth near:
And voices are telling The same tidings still
Of Peace that is dwelling With men of good will.
6. Oh Christmas is merry; The reason we tell
With leaf and red berry, With voice and with bell;
The Babe of the Manger Descends to His Throne;
No longer a Stranger, He comes to His own.
Back to: Christmas Carols