Lo! Now A Thrilling Voice Sounds Forth Lyrics
1. Lo! now a thrilling voice sounds forth,
And chides the darken'd shades of earth:
Away, pale dreams, dim shadows fly,
Christ in His might doth shine on high.
2. Now let the sluggard soul arise,
Which stained by sin and wounded lies:
All ill and harm dispelling far,
Rises the new-born Morning Star.
3. The Lamb of God is sent below,
Himself to pay the debt we owe;
Oh! for this gift let every voice
With heartfelt songs and tears rejoice.
4. That when again His light shines clear,
And wraps the world in sudden fear,
His utmost wrath He may not wreak,
But shield us for His mercy's sake.
5. To Him who comes the world to free,
To God the Son all glory be:
To God the Father, as is meet,
To God the blessed Paraclete. Amen.
Back to: Christmas Carols