How Glad I Am Each Christmas Eve Lyrics
1. How glad I am on Christmas Eve,
The night of Jesus' birth;.
Then like the sun the Star shone forth,
And angels sang on earth.
2. The little child in Bethlehem,
He was a king indeed;
He came from His high state in heav'n,
Down to a world in need.
3. He dwells again in heaven's realm,
The Son of God today/
But He knows all the little ones,
And hears them when they pray.
4. How glad I am each Christmas Eve!
His praises then I sing;
He opens then for ev'ry child
The palace of the King.
5. Then mother trims the Christmas tree,
And fills the room with light.
She says that so the Star shone forth
And made the dark world bright.
6. She says the Star is shining still,
And never will grow dim;
And if it shines upon my way;
It leads me up to Him.
7. And so I love each Christmas Eve,
And I love Jesus too;
And that He loves me in return,
I know so well is true.
Back to: Christmas Carols