Hark Hark What News The Angels Bring Lyrics
1. Hark! Hark! what News the Angels bring,
Glad Tidings of the New-born King,
The New-born King,
Born of a Maiden undefiled,
Meet Mother of the Heavenly Child,
The Heavenly Child.
2. Hail! Blessed Virgin, full of Grace,
Most favoured of our mortal race;
Our mortal race;
Whose sacred womb brought forth in one,
A Saviour, God, and Holy Son!
And Holy Son!
3. Man that was made from dust by God,
Had Paradise for his above!
For his above!
But in a Manger at His Birth,
Lies God Who made the Heav'n and earth.
The Heav'n and earth.
4. Lo, in that Manger where He lies
Our faith discerns a Sacrifice;
And by His Birth may all men see
The pattern of humility.
5. Therefore, My God, my Saviour, King,
Thy praises I will ever sing,
Will ever sing,
In joyful Carols raise my voice,
And in the Praise of God rejoice,
Of God rejoice.
Back to: Christmas Carols